The Center for Academic Success helps students make the transition from high school to college learning
Students who use CAS’s strategic academic support increase their GPAs, stay in their majors of choice and graduate on time. This fresh perspective on learning helps everyone achieve academic success!
The CAS empowers faculty with instructional support through faculty workshops, in-class presentations and consultations on helping students increase their academic performance and build critical thinking skills.
Help us help students.
Every dollar invested in CAS:
- fulfills lifelong goals and dreams
- builds the Louisiana workforce
- reduces student debt
- improves GPAs
- increases the number of STEM graduates
- helps students complete a degree
As LSU’s central learning center, the Center for Academic Success promotes self-efficacy and lifelong learning by empowering individuals with transformational strategies and resources that foster critical thinking and metacognitive development in order to advance student persistence and success.
To provide comprehensive learning support through innovative resources that inspire the development of lifelong learners. To learn more, view our annual report.
The award-winning Center for Academic Success is internationally recognized for more than 25 years of work in student learning and metacognition.
- 2015 NCLCA Learning Center of Excellence
- 2015 Division of SLE Innovation Award
- 2015 Division of SLE Assessment Award
- 2013 NASPA Promising Practices between Academic and Student Affairs Award
- 2012 International SI Leader Award
- 2012 Division of SLE Model Collaboration Award for Academic Intervention Team
- 2011 Division of SLE Model Collaboration Award for Success Quest
- 2010 NASPA Program Excellence Award for IMPACT
- 2004 Frank Christ Outstanding Learning Center Award
- 2000 Learning Support Centers in Higher Education Outstanding Web Portal