“Students who are actively involved in learning, that is who spend more time on task, especially with others, are more likely to learn and, in turn, more likely to stay.” -Tinto-
Five Ways to Increase Academic Performance
- Integrate learning strategies into instruction.
- Create a student-centered learning environment by implementing active learning techniques.
- Endorse the use of academic support resources.
- Utilize technology to increase communication and engagement with students.
- Provide early feedback and interventions to students with poor course performance.
In an effort to improve student learning and persistence at LSU, the CAS supports faculty with practical strategies and effective resources incorporating these five principles.