What Career Peers do for LSU students
- Present services offered through the Olinde Career Center to various student groups and units on campus
- Provide students with résumé, cover letter, interview, and resource tips via peer-to-peer walk-in appointments
Benefits of a being a Career Peer
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional development training
- Work and leadership experience
- Résumé writing and critiquing skills
- Relationships with LSU professional staff
- Personal career development and planning through mentoring from staff
Why would YOU want to be a Career Peer?
On paper, this experiential learning integrates career knowledge and theory with practical application and skill development in a professional setting. Participating students gain transferrable skills and competencies which can benefit them professionally and personally.
In reality, it's fun! Let us know if you are interested. Visit our application page to learn about the process.