...not to mention, providing career networking opportunities useful for your future job search and extra cash as a bonus.
How do I find a part-time job?
When the LSU Olinde Career Center is notified of part-time jobs, they are posted on Careers2Geaux.
- Log in to Careers2Geaux.
- Access the job listings by selecting the Jobs tab in Careers2Geaux.
- Be sure to follow specific instructions about employer application procedures!
Are part-time jobs on campus available?
Finding on-campus, part-time jobs is difficult, but not impossible. Some on-campus jobs are funded through financial aid and some by the individual department. If you have either Chancellor's Aide or Work-Study, you can contact Financial Aid for assistance. If you do not have one of these forms of aid, here are a few suggestions to help you secure a position:
- Use Careers2Geaux to browse potential on-campus job postings as some departments post their openings in that location, but are not required to do so.
- Contact departments of interest to you directly to scope out possibilities. Some departments that typically hire students include LSU Bookstore, LSU Dining, LSU Student Union, University Recreation and Paul M. Hebert Law Center. If there is a particular department of interest to you, contact them directly to inquire about job opportunities.
- Not having any luck? Look for off-campus opportunities. There are plenty of restaurants, retail stores and other businesses near campus that frequently need employees. Many of these businesses post openings in Careers2Geaux, so it is a good idea to start there.