In 1995, students, staff and faculty came together to craft a statement of position regarding our basic principles as an academic community. The LSU Commitment to Community (C2C) states our expectations for each LSU community member.
To promote these principles, each spring, the Office of the Dean of Students recognizes 12 outstanding seniors who contribute positively to the life of the campus and surrounding community. These 12 individuals are then recognized as the Tiger Twelve. In keeping with the C2C, these students:
- hold themselves to the highest standards of academic, personal, and social integrity
- practice justice, equality, and compassion in human relations
- respect the dignity of all persons and accept individual differences
To be eligible for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2016, a student must:
- Demonstrate the principles of the C2C through scholarship, actions, and contributions;
- Have a cumulative gpa of at least 2.5;
- Graduate in May, August or December of 2016;
- Have current full-time status at LSU (unless graduating in May); and
- Be in good academic and accountability standing.
The Tiger Twelve nomination process closed on Friday, January 29, 2016. If you missed the nomination process, please encourage eligible students to complete the application. See details below on the application process.
Eligible senior and graduate level students may apply for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2016 starting on February 1, 2016.
Twelve students will be chosen based on the evaluation of the application including gpa and the significance of involvement as it relates to the seven tenets of the C2C. Applicants may be asked to participate in an interview during this process. Students will be notified accordingly.
If you are interested in being considered for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2016, please complete the application below. You will be required to login and create an account on TigerLink with your myLSU credentials. Applications are due by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 12, 2016.
The Tiger Twelve Class of 2016 will be recognized at a reception held on April 23 in the Rotunda of the LSU Business Education Complex. If you have any questions, please send an email to Michelle Lowery or call (225) 578-9442.