Congratulations to the Tiger Twelve Class of 2016!
- Jonathan Brown
- Atianna Cordova
- Katie Hogan
- Kat Latham
- Sarah Lungaro
- Andrew Mahtook
- Tori Marcel
- Andrew Mullet
- Maria Munoz
- Heidi Pittman
- Chauncey Stephens
- Joe Zerkus
The Tiger Twelve Class of 2016 were introduced at the LSU Baseball game on Wednesday, April 20, at 6:30 p.m. when the Tigers took on Southeastern Louisiana University in Alex Box Stadium.
In 1995, students, staff and faculty came together to craft a statement of position regarding our basic principles as an academic community. The LSU Commitment to Community (C2C) states our expectations for each LSU community member.
To promote these principles, each spring, the Office of the Dean of Students recognizes 12 outstanding seniors who contribute positively to the life of the campus and surrounding community. These 12 individuals are then recognized as the Tiger Twelve. In keeping with the C2C, these students:
- hold themselves to the highest standards of academic, personal, and social integrity
- practice justice, equality, and compassion in human relations
- respect the dignity of all persons and accept individual differences
To be eligible for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2017, a student must:
- Demonstrate the principles of the C2C through scholarship, actions, and contributions;
- Have a cumulative gpa of at least 2.5;
- Graduate in May, August or December of 2017;
- Have current full-time status at LSU (unless graduating in May); and
- Be in good academic and accountability standing.
The Tiger Twelve nomination process closed on Friday, January 27, 2017. If you missed the nomination process, please encourage eligible students to complete the application. See details below on the application process.
The Tiger Twelve application process closed on Friday, February 10, 2017. The Office of the Dean of Students staff will review applications in February, conduct interviews in March, and select the Tiger Twelve Class of 2017 by March 31, 2017.
The Tiger Twelve Class of 2017 will be recognized at a reception held on April 22 in the Rotunda of the LSU Business Education Complex. If you have any questions, please send an email to Michelle Lowery or call (225) 578-9442.