Let’s talk about Accountability!
Per Section 4.4 of the Code of Student Conduct, a student has the right to have one Advisor of his/her choice present during any Accountability meeting.
Upon request, Student Advocacy & Accountability (SAA) can partner students with an Accountability Advisor to assist them through the accountability process. Accountability Advisors are LSU faculty and staff selected and trained by Student Advocacy & Accountability on the accountability process.
- Help students understand the accountability process and discuss available options
- Help students prepare for meetings, formulate questions, and gather supporting documentation
- Act as a spokesperson for the student
- Directly address the SAA officials, University Hearing Panelists, or Material Observers
- Serve as a Material Observer and Advisor simulateously