At LSU, we’re family and care deeply about the well being of our students. LSU CARES is an initiative dedicated to helping students access the resources they need to thrive here.
The mission of LSU CARES is to facilitate community development and student success through providing a mechanism for reporting situations and students of concern in an appropriate way. By providing contact, resources, support, and accountability, LSU CARES allows members of the LSU community to support others in times of need. Because the success of individuals often depends on the support of others, LSU CARES seeks to encourage individuals to help one another succeed and to work as a whole to ensure that LSU is a caring, supportive, purposeful, and engaged community.
If you are either a member of the LSU community with a concern for an LSU student or an LSU student with a concern for yourself, the LSU CARES Network is here to help. LSU CARES is a way to refer students of concern to make sure they get help from appropriate resources and offices.
Two teams campus faculty and staff make up the LSU CARES Network to assist with student behavioral and academic issues:
- C.A.R.E. (behavioral issues) = Communicate, Assess, Refer, Educate. The mission of C.A.R.E. is to identify students in crisis, distress, or of concern, as well as to Communicate, Assess, Refer and Educate according to individual needs to increase persistence, holistic functioning, and the likelihood of success.
- Academic Intervention Team (academic issues) -- The mission of the Academic Intervention Team is to provide timely and appropriate intervention to students experiencing circumstances that may impede their academic success. The team's charge is to identify students with issues impeding academic progress and intrusively provide an intervention on the student’s behalf based on the individual’s unique needs. The team’s efforts are designed to raise the level of retention and persistence to graduation.
Please note that LSU CARES is not the place to report emergencies OR academic dishonesty.
If a student appears to be experiencing either academic or personal difficulties, you can help by submitting a concern to LSU CARES. Examples of concerns might include difficulty in courses, attendance issues, uncertainty about University policies, difficulties due to a life circumstance, such as a death in the family, or financial issues.
- Learn more about types of concerns that you can submit.
- Check out FAQ.
- Find safety information and contacts for emergencies.
- Learn more about the LSU CARES Submission Process.